UPDATE March 16: Sessions will be suspended until further notice. I will contact people to rebook.
I take all viruses and flues very seriously. In 2004, after contracting a virus, I was left with long lasting vertigo complications. Since major surgery in 2018, I have noticed I am not as resistant to flues and viruses as I used to be, and they can circle back around several times, lasting much longer. Last year when I travelled to Europe, I caught a virus on the plane that took 2 months to resolve. I have a sensitive immune and nervous system, which means I must take extra precaution for myself and for you.
My future protocol reflexology: I check in ahead of session to see how the subjects are feeling. If anyone is feeling unwell, I reschedule and have done so several times as of lately. I am also enforcing hand-washing protocols when people enter our unit and have disinfectant wipes for all surfaces. I have masks and gloves on hand for every session.
I have also hoarded 10 packages of toilet paper, just in case (joke).
My traveling kit consists of three types of masks: Humidiflyer, Virus Shield and surgical masks. I will also carry hand sanitizer and gloves.
Please familiarize yourself with the following information.
Those at risk:
- Who are aged 65 and older.
- With compromised immune systems.
- With pre-existing medical conditions.
You can help flatten the curve by:
- Avoiding touching your face.
- Washing your hand thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Trying to keep a distance of 1.8 metres from other people when in public.
- Avoiding large crowd gatherings.
- Limiting travel.
- Working from home if you can.
Things to look out for:
- Difficulty breathing.
- Pneumonia (which would be confirmed via a chest X-ray).
- Symptoms could present between 2 and 14 days after exposure. Not everyone with COVID-9 will have symptoms, and some will only experience mild discomfort.